NEWSS Annual Meeting
ANNUAL MEETING INFORMATION
The 70th NEWSS Annual Meeting will be January 3-7, 2016 and will mark another milestone for our society as we host "The Northeast Plant, Pest, and Soils Conference (NEPPSC)", the first joint conference with peer societies in the region. The other participating societies will include the Eastern Branch of the Entomological Society of America (ESA-EB), the Northeastern Division of the American Phytopathological Society, the American Society of Horticultural Science - Northeast Region, and the Northeast Branch of the American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America. The conference will be held at the Sheraton Society Hills Hotel, One Dock Street, Philadelphia, PA, a location deemed convenient and desirable by all societies involved.
For meeting information and registration, a new NEPPSC website has been created compliments of BASF Corporation (Link coming soon). Please use this website for all things related to the annual meeting.
Education fund donations can be ordered via the PayPal link below. You can use a PayPal account or any major credit card to purchase these items. We will also have the means to process credit card payments at the meeting for the convenience of our membership.
Donate now to the NEWSS Education Fund!
If you did not attend the Annual Meeting and would still like to be a member of the NEWSS, please use the link below.
Past Meetings Symposia
Featured Symposiums from the 2008 NEWSS Annual Meeting
Powerpoint presentations for the Climate Change Symposium are available as PDF documents.
- Climate Change and the Biogeography of Troublesome Weed Species
- Do Migrating States Matter? — A farm field perspective of climate change
- Climate Change in the Northeast: Past, Present, and Future
- Climate Change and Invasive Weeds
- Global Climate Change, Plant Biology and Public Health
Featured Symposiums from the 2006 NEWSS Annual Meeting
Powerpoint presentations for the Ornamental Symposium are available as PDF documents.
- Weed Management Programs for Field-Grown Nursery Stock
- The Effects of Cultural Practices on Weed Establishment in Containers
- The Challenges of Managing Weeds in Herbaceous Perennials
- Reducing Costs of Weed Management in Container Nursery Production
- You Better Watch out!!! Herbicide/Ornamental Combinations to Avoid
- BroadStar and SureGuard – What We Think We Know about Two New Products for Nursery Weed Management